Gleason Transfer Station Permit

2023 Gleason Road transfer station permit
Facility Use Requirements 

Welcome valued customers !

As a courtesy reminder, the 2023 annual permit application is now open for renewals.  Permits will be required when you visit the Gleason Road Transfer Station on January 1, 2023.

Please visit our website at for all the information you may need to process your disposable waste consistent with State law. If you are unable to find it, please call us at (802) 775-7209.

Keep current with exciting new changes and updates by visiting  Click on the blue “Subscribe to E-Alerts” button and select what interest you.

After understanding the below, click on “2023 Annual Permit” at the bottom of this page.

Then create a my EB2Gov account by clicking the "Log In" option in the top right of this page, My EB2.Gov will give customers the ability to reprint your permit, send a permit via email, and much more!

Before you begin, have ready your vehicle registration for each vehicle. You will be asked to upload documentation that shows your physical address. (i.e., drivers license, vehicle registration, utility bill, etc. with redacted non-relevant information) This ensures that out of district residents receive the correct permit type.

Once you complete and submit the applicable information, your permit will be automatically emailed to you. Please print it and save it.

Terms & Conditions

  • A new permit must be purchased each calendar year, A small transaction fee will be added.
  • The Permit allows you to access residential and commercial services at the Gleason Transfer Station for Recycling, including MSW, HHW, Food Waste, C&D, Leaf & Yard, Tires, and much more. Residential (non-sharable) permits apply to specific individual (and vehicle) use within a single household.
  • One permit allowed per single household.
  • Residency is determined by the customer’s physical address, that includes the name of the municipality.
  • Be able to upload proof of residency documentation on-line. (i.e., driver’s license, vehicle registration, mail, etc.)
  • A permit must be presented each time it is used at the transfer station.
  • Payment shall be paid in full when transacting at transfer station; permits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
  • Resident in District towns who have a Transfer Station permit fee (Castleton, Wells, and Killington) from those towns and have paid an annual fee, may receive a free reciprocity RCSWD permit by visiting us at our administration offices at 1 Smith Rd, Rutland, Vt.
  • RCSWD reserves the right to revoke any customers transfer station privileges due to misconduct or dishonesty.
  • Knowingly disposing recyclables in the trash is illegal.  Recyclables require source separation, please plan your visits ahead. (see below links to help you prepare)
  • All permits are the sole property of the Rutland County Solid Waste District.
  • Any violation(s) of the above conditions, district policies, rules, federal, state, local laws may result in termination of transfer station privileges and/or additional charges or fines.

links to required postings and practices…

Vermont State Law Disposal Bans



Household Hazardous Waste

E-Waste Disposal


Special Recycling

Scrap Metal

Non-Covered E-Waste Disposal

Food Scraps

What Happens to my Stuff?

Last year’s permit process was very successful. Being able to obtain your permit from the comfort of your home or business has been a simple and convenient process, especially during a global pandemic. This year we added an opportunity for those rare and unique occasions to add an additional household vehicle to your residential permit. We are also asking that you upload a document that indicates your physical address. This is important such that out of district permit holders receive the correct permit.

We will continue to provide the most cost-effective services with a clean and safe environment.


Mark Shea,    
District Manager

Click on the below button to access your permit.

Click Here to Purchase 2023 Gleason TS Permit