Why do I need a permit?

Permits have been in existence since 1979. RCSWD is a union municipal district that exists to cooperatively and comprehensively address the solid waste management interests of its member towns. To maximize the potential services to the member town we need to know who our customers are. A permit will also offer a discount and services over those that don’t have a permit. It will also allow you to access for residential, commercial, and registered hauler services at the Gleason Transfer Station for Recycling, MSW, HHW, Food Waste, C&D, Leaf & Yard, Tires, etc. Residential (non-sharable) permits apply to specific individual use within a household.