Brian brings many years of experience in outreach and coordination, waste reduction and diversion, and food production to his work with the RCSWD. Brian’s military experience combined with his degree in Alternative and Renewable Energy Management has taken him down many interesting paths including operations director for several different sustainability focused organizations, co-founding veteran’s groups, and now finally as the Outreach Coordinator for RCSWD. In his free time, Brian enjoys getting to know Vermont, gardening, and spending time with his partner and two dogs.
A few, but not limited, duties include:
- Develops and implements public education, relations, outreach and marketing campaigns to promote increased waste reduction and diversion in the RCSWD, which includes but is not limited to designing brochures, logos, advertisements, posters, signs, informational stickers and flyers;
- Makes frequent contact with haulers, businesses, institutions, schools, organizations and the general public, and effectively responds to situations that may challenge the District’s mission, requiring a sophisticated degree of judgment, initiative, courtesy and tact;
- Represents the District on local and state committees and other organizations;
- Writes the District newsletters for electronic and/ or mail distribution to all residents and businesses, and contributes to the RCSWD Annual Report;
- Manages social media accounts including overall design, content and maintenance, and develops additional methods of promoting the District through social media;
- Performs all other related work as assigned in order to comply with RCSWD’s SWIP Plan.