RCSWD is seeking an energetic professional who does not mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of operational and administrative skills that support the districts mission, and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
General Responsibilities: Works at the recycling center/scale house at the Gleason Road Regional Transfer Station. Duties include assisting customers with recyclables and trash disposal, sorting and aggregating recyclables, assisting with the setting up the drop-off area in the morning and closing it down.
Qualifications: The Transfer Station attendant should have at least a high school diploma or equivalent; have a clean record and clean driving history; the ability to correctly work a cash register without errors; show a demonstrated ability to perform physical labor. The position requires the ability to work well with the public; work independently without direct supervision; complete and maintain reports. Computer experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and good decision-making.
- Ability to follow direction, and organizational policy and procedures.
- Ability to assist Transfer Station and district customers in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Ability to be trained in and obtain a complete understanding, adherence, and commitment to the District safety program.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers accurately.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to operate a cash register, and accurately add the cost of items and return change to customers without errors.
- Ability to interact and maintain cooperative relationships with employees, customers, municipalities, haulers, schools, businesses, regulatory agencies, and members of the solid waste community.
Total Compensation Package: Benefits: RCSWD offers Blue Cross/Blue Shield platiumin medical, vision, and life insurance; retirement benefits after one full year of employment; paid vacation, holidays, personal time, and flextime; continuous learning opportunities with trainings and conferences; and a great work-life balance!
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter, resume, application, and one writing sample to Mark S. Shea, District Manager at email@example.com or (802) 775-7209 ext. 202. Applications will be accepted before April 22, 2022, or until position is filled.