Make sure to donate functioning items for reuse to benefit the local community!
3 Categories of Appliances:
1. Electronic-waste: Free drop-off for TV's, computers and peripherals (keyboard, mouse, cables, etc.) and desktop printers through the VT E-Cycles Program. Other electronics will be charged nominal fee- this includes vacuum cleaners, stereo systems and speakers, DVD/VHS players and other wires/cables.
5-13-2020 THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTED:
2. Freon-containing devices: (dehumidifiers, A/C units and refrigerator/freezers)- notify an attendant to drop-off in the designated area.
3. Scrap Metal: Other items that are 80% or more metal can be dropped off for free in scrap metal- this may include microwaves, toasters and large appliances/white goods
Batteries, cell phones, and fluorescent bulbs are Hazardous Waste, and must be dropped off at designated locations such as our Hazardous Waste Depot.
Worried about data safety?
- If you would like to purchase data security services from an E-Cycles site, take a look at the list of data security providers around the state.
- If you’d like to do it yourself, there are two basic ways to destroy your data: physically break the hard drive disks, or permanently erase it using disk wiping software. Do a web search for “how to permanently erase a hard drive” or visit this article to find out more.